“For Professionals Who Desperately Want To Understand How Pivot Tables Work, So They Better Present And Analyze Their Data, But Can’t Get Started”
“The secrets to make the kind of reports managers love”
From: John Franco
Dear Excel user, if you’re looking for an “insider” shortcut guide to finally get comfortable with Pivot Tables, creating insightful Pivot Table reports (consistently) that will supercharge your data mining and presentation skills, then you’ve got to read every word on this page.
Because what you’re about to learn will bring you a total understanding of how Pivot Tables work.
You can attain it with…
The Pivot Table Paradigm
And when you get this paradigm right, you can create Pivot Table reports over and over in a predictable way, you can understand what the layout will be, before you drop fields, and you will enjoy data-mining much more. It doesn’t matter if you are a Pivot Table veteran, an overwhelmed or confused PT user, or have never created or seen a Pivot Table report in your whole career.
When I think about this Pivot Table grocery analogy (Pivot table paradigm or PTP), all my past experiences with Pivot Tables make perfect sense, but they didn’t make sense at all back then…
I used to ask to myself “am I stupid?” because when I started using Pivot Tables back in 2004 I created the required PT reports only after several clandestine sessions of trial-and-error.
I used to ask to myself “am I stupid?”
I didn’t catch it when it came to get new insights from data using Pivot Tables…
…no pattern emerged as I dropped fields, instead, every new field dropping created undesired patterns in the report layout.
I was terrified by the possibility that others asked me how I did it because I didn’t have a straightforward answer; it would have been so embarrassing others realized I had not fully understood Pivot Tables.
As I continued creating new reports the same fearful way, my Pivot Table illiteracy remained the same; I was in the dark because I never knew how my Pivot Table reports were really generated.
It seemed like I was getting reports by good fortune. I was afraid to ruin my PT reports because I knew I was unable to set the layout back. I was a professional and I always knew professionals do things well.
Keep reading because I will reveal now the secret Pivot Table Paradigm…
Everything changed when I decided to understood the PTP. It goes like this, pay attention…
So the PT field you drop first, determine how your next dropped PT fields will divide your report further…
If you put apples and oranges in a box, you can separate them easily (by fruit type), if you now want to know how many of these fruits are mature or green, you can subdivide the by-fruit division further (by fruit state). Then you have a compartment with oranges (mature and green) and apples (mature and green).
You won’t get the same results if you first divide the box by fruit state. Then you will have two compartments (mature and green) and mixed fruits inside each one. On one scenario you care about fruits type, on the other scenario you care about fruits state.
So the PT field you drop first, determine how your next dropped PT fields will divide your report further.
I am about to fully reveal the mechanics of Pivot Tables…
If you follow my advice and implement these techniques, you will be soon very popular among managers and decision-makers in your company…
I Love you John Franco, you make me a master at Excel.
I worked through the first half of the book last night. What has really helped me is the point you make about the data items in the raw data being either Categories or Data. As soon as I thought about it, that made sense of a lot of my past experiences with PTs.…
And having the spreadsheet to play with, to try things out, has been great. It is much richer in Categories than anything I might have created for myself, and so makes it easier for me to see patterns emerging as I tick successive boxes on the right-hand side.
Many thanks for a good booklet.
You bring to light useful functions/methods/approaches otherwise unknown to a significant portion of Excel users.
Announcing the Excel training…
Understanding Pivot Tables Mechanics
Learn The Paradigm Behind Fields Dragging-And-Dropping To Create The Reports You Have In Mind, Get New Patterns And Answers On Purpose, And To Understand The Reports Created By Others
Included in this in-depth manual are secrets most Excel users never discover… such as:
- Learn which are the right datasets for using in Pivot Tables. When you know this simple fields-differentiation, you will know instantly which tables are suitable for PT data mining and which not. You can even advice others when they are trying to do PTs with the wrong datasets
- Understand how the fields are arranged to create the reports you want. Know how the order of fields affects your reports. Know what data formats can be pivoted and how to arrange the hierarchies as you want. And impress your boss with your consistent results, no matter the assignments you are required to do
- Step by step and fully illustrated explanations to understand exactly what will show up in a Pivot Table (no more trial-and-error to get what you want). You can paint creatively in the PT canvas what you have in mind. I explain everything using the grocery analogy and plain language you can understand. You will be able to teach PTs to those who are still struggling and establish your PT guru reputation
- Find new and fresh insights from your data by using the singular Pivot Tables paradigm to the fullest. Present your findings in your reports and meetings. Also publish this in your resume “I can convey meaning from complex data” and you will get a better job
- How to perform 5 well-known data mining tasks. I explain this using real examples. Create a new sense of possibilities in data exploration and understanding
- And much more…
Win Acclaim implementing Pivot Tables now…
- Chapter 1 – How Pivot Tables fields work (pivot table paradigm)
- Chapter 2 – The right dataset for your Pivot Tables reports
- Chapter 3 – The 3 secret Pivot Tables fields rules
- Chapter 4 – How to organize your Pivot Tables fields to perform advanced data mining
And much more…
Important: this program includes a practice file compatible with Excel 2007 and later versions.
My unpublished Pivot Table videos that will help you fully understand the mechanics of Pivot Tables for ABSOLUTELY FREE! (50+ minutes of teaching – $69.99 value)
The videos reveal the fundamental concepts behind Pivot Tables and show you step by step how these concepts are used to produce the results you want. The bonus videos also include three examples, exploring the fundamental concepts in action.
I also added two videos that will show you: How to create a Pivot Table report from scratch and How to preserve the PT report format between updates.
- Demystifying Pivot Tables (part 1 and 2)
- Example 1: Adventures Store Sales (+Excel practice file)
- Example 2: Office Supplies (+Excel practice file)
- Example 3: World population (+Excel practice file)
- How to create a Pivot Table report from scratch
- How to preserve the PT report format between updates
Here’s how to get started!
You might be able to figure it all out on your own. Eventually.
Or you can take advantage of the 10+ years John’s already invested in hard work, researching, testing and implementing Pivot Tables.
There is absolutely no sane reason why you should want to waste years of your own life attempting to cover this same trial-and-error ground.
Pivot Tables knowledge is scattered through books, forums, and blogs and synthesizing that information requires lots of work and motivation. You might spend months and end up with partial knowledge because gurus don’t have time to mentor you along the way and usually they don’t expose everything they know.
My “The Definite Guide To Understanding Pivot Tables Mechanics” program is already packaged for you, so you master PTs once for all, using plain language you can understand.
If you don’t learn Pivot Tables, you won’t be able to mine data with a mouse click and present insights at the speed of thought.
And when you think that being skillful at Pivot Tables can help you get a better job or a promotion, the price I charge for this guide is ridiculous…
The “The Definite Guide To Understanding Pivot Tables Mechanics” program is
This includes private access to the Download Area where you can download your guide, practice files, bonuses and updates for 6 months, and mail support for 1 month.
If you are afraid of Pivot Tables, if you have only a basic idea of Pivot Tables or if you just want to understand more about them, then this Excel guide is for you…go ahead and click the “Get started today” button below.
Delivered instantly in PDF format, via a download page.
If you have any question about this product, contact us.
100% No risk guarantee
You love it or your money back
If within 60 days of purchase, you follow the program lessons, do the homework and cannot fully understand Pivot Tables mechanics neither use PTs to handle, understand and present data, or if you simply didn’t like the material, just ask a refund and you will get your money back, no questions asked.
Just contact us (use the subject “refund”). Will take care of it.
- Private member area. Download guides, support material and updates in a private, password-protected area. Enter the area using your own credentials: user and password
- Direct interaction with the teacher. Ask your questions directly to me, by email or via our contact form, and I will answer your questions personally
Enroll now and start using Pivot Tables comfortably and thoughtfully.
Disclaimer: ClickBank is the retailer of products on this site. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 917 S. Lusk Street, Suite 200, Boise Idaho, 83706, USA and used by permission. ClickBank’s role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of these products or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of these products.