The psychology of writing macros
In this Excel Macro Writing email course you will know my most guarded macro writing secrets that will empower you write the macros you dream to beat the application and the boss and use your legitimately-gained free time on what matters to you the most (more work, family, cooking, your dog, reading, etc).
In the previous lesson, we learned that…
…for breaking the chains of work, knowing Excel VBA is not enough. You need to actually write the damn Excel macros. The dilemma of macros is that you can end up being busy trying to get you out of busyness because writing macros requires time and effort (and skill).
Excel macros are extremely powerful but first, you must get the macros done.
But many professionals reject this smart kind of busyness. They prefer being busy on what will keep them busy, and they end up a forever slave of work.
You are reading this because you know that’s not a wise choice.
One MUST be busy on being unbusy…
…but not everyone is prepared to endure the macros journey to freedom :(
The technical and psychological problems of developing your own macros are just way too many…
- The macro is too long
- The macro does not work and you can’t find the source of error
- The macro cannot be used in different situations
- The macro will take time and effort to complete
- The macro is becoming too complex
- You forgot the purpose of the code you wrote
- You don’t know how to get started writing a macro
Some of these macro conditions are avoidable while others should be managed.
If you want to win the game of writing macros, you’ve got to develop what I call…
The psychology of writing Excel macros
Writing macros is no a sprint but a marathon. You never are in a rush. You are never disappointed if you have not reached your destination yet because you know you are in the middle of a journey and you are always on the right path.
If you keep a consistent structure across your macros, as in a novel, the title, subtitle, intro, chapter 1, chapter 2, outro, etc., you can act at every step with total ease and intensity.
This is the secret way others develop proficiency writing macros and amass a library of operational macros they can use every day or carry from project to project, from work to work.
New VBA and life creative possibilities
Once you develop the macro mindset and add structure to your macros, you will be able to make miracles!
- Sit and start making progress on your macro
- Find a place for every new macro idea that comes to your mind
- Accomplish bigger projects because if you break your macros down into sections, you focus on one aspect at a time and so you are never overwhelmed by complexity
- Never again put a macro in the category of “abandoned macros” because you clearly identify the lines or sections of your macro that need more attention
If you become able to create operational Excel macros consistently, your life will never be the same again because you will get rid of the tasks that consume time. You will have plenty of free time to use or enjoy the way you and your loved ones like!
In the next lesson, I will reveal a magical way to add structure to your macros so the VBA code almost writes itself. Once your macros have this structure in place, version control, debugging, and expanding your macros get a lot easier!
Next masterclass: The 5 building blocks of an operational macro